Date: Sunday February 25th, 2018
2:00pm Groups of 6 or less with recorded music
2:45pm Groups of 6 or less needing an accompanist
3:30pm 10th -12th grade soloists
4:00pm 7th-9th grade soloists
Please note: if you are unable to attend the live audition, a video audition received BEFORE the published audition date will be judged. All audition forms MUST BE RECEIVED on or before the published audition date. All other rules apply to video auditions.
An accompanist will be provided for the audition. Please bring music in the key in which you sing it. Several music websites will print your music in the key you require. Recorded music should be the only song on your audition CD. DTA will keep that copy to use in case you are selected to be in the show.
Letters will be mailed out to each who auditioned within ten (10) days of the audition.
Location: Miss Persis Studio, 222 W. Main St, Arlington, TX 76010
Rehearsal and Show
Rehearsal Date and Show Date: March 26, 2017
Rehearsal and Show Location: UTA Main Stage Theatre
- There is a three (3) minute time limit for each act.
- Each person may audition with one solo and/or one group.
- Groups may not have more than six (6) people.
- If you are unable to attend the live audition, a video audition received BEFORE the published audition date will be judged. All audition forms MUST BE RECEIVED on or before the published audition date. All other rules apply to video auditions.
- Music for each act should be on a CD by itself—NO iPods, cell phones, etc.
- Bring all props needed for your act to the audition, rehearsal and performance–we do not have chairs, stools, music stands, etc. An acoustic spinet piano is available.
- Make sure the selection of material is suitable for teenagers. The Board of Directors reserves the right to eliminate anyone from the competition using lyrics, subject matter, dress or presentation deemed inappropriate for a contestant’s age regardless of judges’ scores.
- Wear what you plan to wear if you are accepted in the show. Costumes must be approved by DTA.
- There is no fee to audition. Anyone accepted into the show is required to purchase 5 tickets @ $10 each – which may be re-sold or given away.
- If accepted into the show, you must perform the piece performed at the audition.
- If you need an accompanist for the show, you must pay for the rehearsal and performance. Rates available in acceptance letter.
- Winners of the 2015 Persis Forster, Fred Nevius, Roger Spivy, and Kevin Kemp Awards cannot compete in the same category (i.e., soloists can only enter in a group, groups cannot compete as the same group) for 1 year.
Talent, preparation and performance skill are given equal weight with a possible 10 points each.
Call 817-860-1327 for more information.